Photobucket

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Early or False Labor???

Yesterday, my contractions started coming really close together, like every 5 minutes. I could still talk through them, but after they kept coming for 2 hours, I called my doctor. The nurse/midwife said I could stay home, or go to the hospital. I opted to stay home for a little longer. At about 6, my mom called and said I should go to the hospital since they were still coming every 5 minutes. I kept telling her they would just send me home, but she said they probably wouldn't. I figured I might as well go. We got there at 6:30ish and I was hooked up to the machine. I was contracting every 5 minutes, but was still only dilated to a 1-2. The L&D nurse had me walk the halls to see if it would get things going. Nope, nothing. After 2 hours, and 0 progress, they sent me home. She said the good thing was that at home, I could eat. She said I was probably in the early stages of labor, which can last up to 24 hours. That was at 9 last night. It is now 3:24... I'm still contracting every 5 minutes, but I don't think anything is really happening. I'm just getting irritated. I took my dogs for a walk and had some spicy peppers. My next move is to seduce dh ;). I'm wondering if this is just false labor since nothing is happening... I really hope if I'm not holding my little peanut by Monday, my doctor will do something other than strip my membranes and send me home to walk...

1 comment:

Esperanza said...

Joei praying for you and peanut! I hope the reason for no update is that you are gone to the hospital and holding her in your arms.

Wishing you so many good things!